Status
Not open for further replies.

strotta

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!

I am designig a RF Tracker (basically a small radar). For this I need make a very directional Antenna (and small).

I tried with a PCB Patch Array but the S11 is very narrow (is only matched to specific frequency).

A teacher suggest me to build a PCB LPDA. With this I achieved more BW but the S11 presents a lot of variation.

I attached a photos.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Santiago

Doesn't like a reasonably designed and matched LDPA. -10 dB (magnitude 0.3) or better -20 dB should be feasible, particularly for the intended small frequency range. Even a regular yagi antenna should perform better over the 0.8 to 1.2 GHz range.

Hi!

I can achieve a good response to specific frequencies with the LPDA but I need a similar response between 800-1200MHz.
I adjust the elements to zoom in these "notch responses" but fails because when the response of a element is close to each other there are phase problems.

I need to know if is possible achieve a good and similar response with this antenna made in a PCB.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…