Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 hours Back Up Supply Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanath Embedded

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guyz,

I am having the system which consumes around 18W of Power. For that I want to give the back up supply of 8 Hours when power gets OFF. So how should I design & what all the parameters I should consider.

:|

1)what type of power supply your device is working.

ie a transformer or using smps.

if smps you can convert battery to 350v dc and give to device. if ordinary transformer make a dc-ac inverter supply.

at what volt your device is working ( DC Volt)

if you can open the device gust give the required dc volt to the out put of the rectified output stage.

Hi
What type of BACKUP supply you want. Mains (220/110V) or simply a DC voltage. Do you need any stabilization in the supply ?.And what is the working voltage, i,e; the input voltage ?.

Thanks guys for the reply

Actually my system works with DC 12V or 24V . and it will be connected to AC 240V 50HZ , and by making use of transformer it will be step down it to DC 12V or 24V.

So for the 18W Consumption how should I choose the battery rating ( either lithium one or Lead acid rather than the UPS battery) to get the back up supply of 8 hours. and even the design the efficient charging circuit.

if yoyr system is 12v supply there is no needed of a converter circuit( circuit need only for charging) .just connect the battery directly to the output of rectifier. it is better to connect through a diode

Status
Not open for further replies.