Not open for further replies.

Sanath Embedded

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guyz,

I am having the system which consumes around 18W of Power. For that I want to give the back up supply of 8 Hours when power gets OFF. So how should I design & what all the parameters I should consider.

:|

1)what type of power supply your device is working.

ie a transformer or using smps.

if smps you can convert battery to 350v dc and give to device. if ordinary transformer make a dc-ac inverter supply.

at what volt your device is working ( DC Volt)

if you can open the device gust give the required dc volt to the out put of the rectified output stage.

Hi
What type of BACKUP supply you want. Mains (220/110V) or simply a DC voltage. Do you need any stabilization in the supply ?.And what is the working voltage, i,e; the input voltage ?.

Thanks guys for the reply

Actually my system works with DC 12V or 24V . and it will be connected to AC 240V 50HZ , and by making use of transformer it will be step down it to DC 12V or 24V.

So for the 18W Consumption how should I choose the battery rating ( either lithium one or Lead acid rather than the UPS battery) to get the back up supply of 8 hours. and even the design the efficient charging circuit.

if yoyr system is 12v supply there is no needed of a converter circuit( circuit need only for charging) .just connect the battery directly to the output of rectifier. it is better to connect through a diode

Status
Not open for further replies.