Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7" touch screen Display RGB type interfacing to RPi compute module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello community,
I hope you all are doing well.

My question is, I am making one board which contain one Raspberry Pi compute module 3, for the display purpose I have two options, one is HDMI and another MIPI interfaces. For the display part I am looking for a 7" capacitive type touch display. But the key thing is that I want to stick the LCD over the PCB board I am making, jut like any display unit available in the market.
For some generic LCD I got one click here. The display is RGB type interface. So,

1. Can I interface RGB type LCD to Rpi - (which I have searched many places but not getting satisfactory answer)
2. Is there any converter available to convert RGB to either MIPI or HDMI interfaces?
3. As I shared the link of display click here is there any similar kind of displays available with MIPI interface? I mean FRC connector type without PCB?

Thank you.

Hi,

1) I did search for "raspberry RGB jnterface". Many hits. Direct usage of GPIO pins. Also called "DPI"
2) Are you sure about "RGB to MIPI"? I think you rather need "MIPI to RGB".

Klaus

There can be an issue if we use "DPI" method for RGB interface, as there is one SPI peripheral available in the board for which might get effected if I use "DPI".
1625306459031.png

Link which I followed.

Another thing is I found two ICs SN65DSI83 and SN65LVDS822 to interface from Rpi to the display.

Can you suggest me if it is okay?

why you don't prefer all inclusive lcd panels with hdmi back pack.
Have a look.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back