Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6A2 5T zener doide specifications

Gaber Mohamed Boraey

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

While I repair small ups , rated about 700watt for load, after checking the board , I found short circuit between the 5v “ identified by designer for front panel” , and the gnd is shorted

And while checking I found that strange zener doide shorted, it look like the 1N4148 , attached photo how look

By the way the board have lots of 4148 but only one of this strange doide

The zener have two lines “ I mean separate written” , 6A2 then 5T

I’ve looked online for datasheet, I found 6A2 as doide rectifier rated 6 ampere and 200v and size different which I believe it’s not what I have

What you think of this zener?, how change with suitable component?

I have same design working board if this can help for something I can do

CFE8460D-C055-4C5E-94BB-151237FCFC48.png

Attachments

• DB7B6021-CB9D-4195-AAAA-DF59F7DF2D9D.png
    DB7B6021-CB9D-4195-AAAA-DF59F7DF2D9D.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 96C1B1E7-9A3B-44F3-9DD9-FBC45467DC2E.png
    96C1B1E7-9A3B-44F3-9DD9-FBC45467DC2E.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 54
Hi,
it look like the 1N4148 , attached photo how look
These look like internet photos.
But we need to see a photo of your real diode.

Instead of posting a screenshot of a dataheet, better post the link to the datasheet.
It is way less data to provide ... while the datasheet we get is complete.
You say "zener", but the datasheen is not for a zener at all.

My recommendation: It´s important to differentiate between what is 100% sure and what is guessing.
Urgent:
* We need unmodified, unfiltered informations about the real circuit. Photos of your circuit, schematic of your circuit, datasheet of your circuit and the used parts.
* We need informations that you are 100% sure about.

Less important:
* is "what you think" ... because it may lead us into the wrong direction.
* is "what it looks like" .. better show photos, so we can decide "what it looks like". Every one of us has a different experience with different "view". Let´s benefit from these many different experiences. That´s the benefit of the forum.

Klaus

Okay,

That’s the datasheet,

I’ll send real photo tomorrow

If it matches the size of a 1N4148 then your hunch may be right and the voltage may be 6.2V, certainly not a high power diode.

Two white LEDs (5mm in series will get you 6V which may be enough.

Be sure to use the longer lead to match the side of zener with bar (Cathode or +). Unlikely to hurt anything.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back