Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5L0365RV252 - any idea what that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ka 5l0365r

Hi,
I am trying to repair a dvd player which SMPS is damaged. This IC has the marking 5L0365V252 but the closest I found was : KA5L0365RN from National. It does pretty much the same job, as it is after the transformer the bridge and the 47µF capacitor in the input of the PS, but in order to replace it I have to get the exact IC. I found odd that pins 1,4,5,8 ( it is in an 8-DIP) are not as wide as the 4 inside pins, and there is a damage between Pin1 and Pin2 where Pins are destroyed as if there was an arc developed between them.

Has anyone experience on this kind of chips, or maintance of SMPS? Thanks in advance,

D.

5l0365r applications

This is the only document that I found that has the part number
you want information on

**broken link removed**

Unfortunately, it is in Greek --- but you will probably be able to read it :D

Yassou!
v_c

Well thanks for the tip! But I have allreadu found the same page and it is from people having the same proble as mine. Unfortunately nobody solve it. It seems to be acommon problem in a DVD player brand that overwelmed the greek market some years ago.
Thanks anyway, I will keep looking. Right now I am oriented on purchasin the fairchild 5L0365R but I need an application note or some kind of guidance.

D.

Is this the part you were thinking of purchasing?
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/KA/KA5L0365R.pdf
This does not have 8 pins.

Don't you think this one would be better?
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/FS/FSDL0365RN.pdf
And this has the SOP package (smaller than the normal 8DIP)
which I think is what you probably have. There is a comparison of
the KA and the FSD part on page 6.

There is an application circuit on page 14 which I think might be your
circuit -- it has the 47uF capacitor on the AC side!

Package dimensions are given in the back as well.

Best regards,
v_c

My friend thanks. You saved the day
This is exactly what I was looking for. I believe it is the exact SMPS that has my DVD.
But the KA5x you have is another from the one I have and shows a DIP8 package (see attached file).
I hope I will find the package on the market.
D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back