Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer without discharging capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khashia

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Aoa,

Can anyone please tell me what is the use of 555 timer circuit with a diode/resistor between charging and threshold pin, and withot any discharging capacitor. It is being used in this configuration in an amplifier power control unit?

Attachments

• 555.PNG
    555.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 121

The 555 can be put to use in a variety of ways. It has several components built into it, and a clever designer might find unconventional methods of applying them.

I would not be surprised if the output pin produces PWM signals for the lowermost circuit (which we do not see entirely).
In turn, an incoming line goes to the trigger pin 2. I believe its volt level rises and drops, leading to schmitt trigger action in the 555.

Looking down at bottom left, we see that incoming line goes to 12V (V3) which seems as though it would interfere. However, since we can't see components offscreen, my speculation above is all the reply I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back