Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer induction heater random idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaredmister1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, just wondering, and looking around, would it be possible, to make an induction heater using a 555 timer? I built a circuit online using falstad's circuit creator, and it seems to work relatively well. What would be the limitations of this circuit? Here's the circuit itself actually. ;-)
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/51_1294547577.png
The transformer on the circuit ups the voltage from the 555 timer so that you can use higher voltage on the mosfet. The op amp is there to increase current, and to invert the signal from the 555 timer so that it comes out normally from the transformer.

Would this work correctly? 8O
Or, moreover, what more improvements could i make to it so that it would work better?

For an induction heater the coil's inductance will change dependent on the type of material that you heat. The best power transfer occurs when the coil operates at resonance. It is a good idea to automatically senses the load current and change the oscillator frequency to track the resonance of the coil. A VCO will be a better oscillator.

For an induction heater the coil's inductance will change dependent on the type of material that you heat. The best power transfer occurs when the coil operates at resonance. It is a good idea to automatically senses the load current and change the oscillator frequency to track the resonance of the coil. A VCO will be a better oscillator.

Excuse me, but could you show me a VCO that would work well for this? Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back