Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
5.8 ghz meten

Any suggestion? or any IC that I can do this with it.

Regards

signal strength meter 5.8 ghz

You can use AD's power meter IC with a 2.4GHz Oscillator and mixer.
Otherwise as I know , there isn't any power indicator..
Rgrds

drift problems

As stated above, you will have to mix the signal down to a frequency where gain is cheap. There is still the problem of gain variations with time and temperature.

Many amplifier modules change their gain by 10% of the dB of gain with temperature.

I want to measure the signal strenght (like as the bargraph in mobile cell phones) in the air around a 5.8GHZ transmitter .I need help on this problem.

Regards

Hi 7rots51:

...you can use NetStumbler:

www.netstumbler.com

it is a software solution x Win and Linux (free!). It display the signal strength using the RSSI ( received signal strength indicator) signal section. you only need a compatible WLAN card. You can try also another protocol analyzer (wireless sniffer).

A hardware solution is YellowJacket from BVS:

**broken link removed**

I hope it can help you

Best Regards

hi ninhawk
Thanks for your links.But I did not find exactly what I need ,I need board that in one side can be connected to antenna and at other side have a digital or analog output (interface) that I can use it in my product.I want that the board give me the signal strenght as digital or analog data.

I hope there is a product that can do this.

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…