Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5.8GHZ Signal Strength Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
5.8 ghz meten

Any suggestion? or any IC that I can do this with it.

Regards

signal strength meter 5.8 ghz

You can use AD's power meter IC with a 2.4GHz Oscillator and mixer.
Otherwise as I know , there isn't any power indicator..
Rgrds

drift problems

As stated above, you will have to mix the signal down to a frequency where gain is cheap. There is still the problem of gain variations with time and temperature.

Many amplifier modules change their gain by 10% of the dB of gain with temperature.

I want to measure the signal strenght (like as the bargraph in mobile cell phones) in the air around a 5.8GHZ transmitter .I need help on this problem.

Regards

Hi 7rots51:

...you can use NetStumbler:

www.netstumbler.com

it is a software solution x Win and Linux (free!). It display the signal strength using the RSSI ( received signal strength indicator) signal section. you only need a compatible WLAN card. You can try also another protocol analyzer (wireless sniffer).

A hardware solution is YellowJacket from BVS:

**broken link removed**

I hope it can help you

Best Regards

hi ninhawk
Thanks for your links.But I did not find exactly what I need ,I need board that in one side can be connected to antenna and at other side have a digital or analog output (interface) that I can use it in my product.I want that the board give me the signal strenght as digital or analog data.

I hope there is a product that can do this.

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back