Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

-48V power supply board design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laplace

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
safety requirement for 48v supply

I need to design a -48V DC power supply board which takes 220V AC as input for telecom system.

Any schematic or suggestions?

Thanks....

regulations and standards

There are numerous standards and government regulations for the parameters of such a supply and the type of parts it can use.

Meeting these parameters will be the hardest part of the design.

Re: -48V pero supply design

Some of the standards you must fulfil could be :
ETSI EN 300 132-1, 2, 3., Power supply interface at the input to telecommunications equipment;
ETSI EN 300 253, Environmental Engineering (EE); Earthing and bonding of telecommunication
equipment in telecommunication centres.
EN 41003, Particular safety requirements for equipment to be connected
to telecommunication networks".
ETSI EN 300 386-1,EMC requirements
…..

The ETSI standards could you find at https://www.etsi.org for download free of charge

And as usual EN60950, LVDS and more…

thank u jzo777n for the link!
but about your request:
what is the power level?
below 150W a flyback converter is a simple and low cost and stable solution.

what is the application?
a battery charger for telecom. systems or a power supply for stand alone com. system?
they differ in feedback and control ckt design; for the first one u need a current limit method but for second one it may be omitted.

PS: i will check if i have a sch. for it.

BEST!

If output power is small ( bellow 100w) I will sugest flyback based on MC3842 or 3844.. It is cheap and popular. Look at the datasheet for complete schematics.

someuseful info can befound in:
http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/SMPSRM-D.PDF

u must only change some component values to design your own SMPS or charger; here u can find some useful ckts.

for design and construction of the transformer, EMI related issues and choosing optocoupler/components see:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back