Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433Mhx RF-transmitter-and-receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA3040

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Please look in to the attached link that shows 433Mhx RF-transmitter-and-receiver
I have decided to use this RF-transmitter-and-receiver for remotely control my robot
Could you please advice me what are the problems that I have to face when I connected it to directly to USART of PIC 16f877a ( Rx and Tx of PIC )

and what could be the benefits if I connect between PIC and RF-transmitter-and-receiver suitable decoder

**broken link removed**

Thanks in advance

Cool!!!

I also bought a pair of the same item and seller!!
I will use CCS and PIC serial communication.
The place where I will use is not critical!!
No interference in this frequency range!!
Here the band is widely used in gate controls and alarms!!
If I have problems, just increase a wire coil in redesigning the TX and RX (I have experience with this tx, because he worked with layout).
My items have not arrived yet so I can do the program and test.

You can try this code: **broken link removed**
Or use HT12x to receive and transmit : https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B52fjtsgxNw/SY279b0UBAI/AAAAAAAAACg/Tqf4lrq0YzA/s1600/TWS-RWS-HT12.PNG

Dear nagkiller,

I think you could not correct address to my problem

Anyway thanks for the reply

Thanks

Could you please advice me what are the problems that I have to face when I connected it to directly to USART of PIC 16f877a ( Rx and Tx of PIC )

and what could be the benefits if I connect between PIC and RF-transmitter-and-receiver suitable decoder

While transmitting/ receiving directly from the controller you need to have controllers on both the side (at Rx & Tx sides) because Rx side controller need to be have 8-N-1 (or whatever frame you use) type frame structure at some precised baudrate ! This could be the problem in noisy area!

Benefit to use encoder/decoder is that we need not to have any controller on either side. But if our application have controllers on both the side then this benefit can be taken as money loss.

So it depends on our distance between Rx & Tx and on application whether we need controller both the sides or not!

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear Jigar,

Really really help full your reply and thanks for the reply.

Dear Jigar actually my application I supposed to use distance 50m maximum.

Actually I did not see on this module Tx and Tx pins but it labeled as DATA
Please advice
Thanks in advance

[

As it is a 3.3 V ot 5 V device its DATA pins will be TTL/CMOS level. Mention the model no. of your Rx and Tx modules. If you have a datasheet for it then post it. Usually they connect to Serial Port.

PA3040

Dear Jayanat,
Thanks for the reply
Actually still I did not purchase the module.
I suppose to order the module I linked in my first post.

Usually they connect to Serial Port.

Can we able to connect it directly PIC USART?
Can I have the link to order such module from ebsy and datasheet
Please advice
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

If they give TTL/CMOS level outputs then you can connect it to USART pins. Does the module you mentioned has two DATA pins?

Edit: This is the modules mentioned in the link you provided. MX-05V and MX-FS-03V. Tthe MX-FS-03V works from 3 - 12 V. You should provide 5V. The link also provides sample code.

**broken link removed**
http://www.electrodragon.com/?product=433m-rf-wireless-module-a-pair-of-receiver-and-transmitter

315433RF.jpg

The communication pins work at TTL levels and so you can connect it to UART pins of MCU directly. If you want bi-directional communication you have to use two RxTx module pairs.

Last edited:

PA3040

Dear All
I purchased this item **broken link removed**

please can I have the correct schematic circuit to connect PIC 16f877a MCU for design qa PCB

Please help
Thanks in advance

How much did you pay for it? I bought the same from MiniInTheBox.com. It was quite cheap and there was free shipping.

Antenna side facing you means... right-most pins of both modules is GND, left-most pins of both modules id Vcc, middle pins are DATA pins. The DATA pin of Tx (small module) goes to Tx pin of MCU. The DATA pin0s) of Rx module (bigger module) goes to Rx pin of MCU.

PA3040

Hi

It was $1.99 free shipping

**broken link removed**

Schematics mean, That with protection component and any noise filter component

Please help

As an example
To limit the current we can connect resister between data pin and MCU rx,tx pins.
Like that

How much Current does the Rx and Tx modules draw?

That is the problem, I could not have correct datasheet in this regard

Dear Jayanth, do you know what is the data format out put by receiver. Is it rs232 compatible?

Hi - these do not operate at RS-232 signal levels. If you power them from 5 Volts they should be normal TTL levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.