Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 LEDs pulse switch design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dampsquib

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I hope you can help, this is probably an easy question, but I'm not that good at electronics.
I want to make a circuit that will take one of 4 pulsed inputs (from a momentary action footswitch) and provide an output to power an LED indicator to show which input was used. Would i use 4 SR latches, with each switch tied to one particular set input and the other 3 resets, with the q output being enough to trigger an LED?

Is there an eaier way?

Re: easy? pulse switch

For RS latches you will need 4 4-input gates and 4 2-input gates. The output from TTL gates should be enough to drive LEDs.
DrWhoF

could you elaborate of the use of the gates?

I don't think you can realize this circuit using with 4-2 and 4-4 gates ..
After all you will need a sort pulse to reset all circuits and only one of them will be set by input pulse longer than the reset pulse ..
Example of such a circuit attached ..
Much easier you can do this job using a reduced-pin microcontroller where you will have 4 inputs and 4 leds will be connected to 4 outputs.
Rest is just done in software ..
Regards,
IanP

I think CPLD 9536 from xilinx(for implementing digital logic) or any low cost microcontroller from atmel or microchip will be right choise for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back