Junior Member level 1
My project idea, sounds simple, I just need to build one. What do you guys think? I have a car stereo with an cassette drive that I'm looking to use it's input for. The basic idea is there, some mods to it will be needed in the final design. I need to be able to enable and disable the deck after all modes are cycled through or use a separate toggle for it.
- 1 decade counter with 5th output tied to reset.
- 8 transisters wired in sets of 2 with their base tied to a output of the counter, collector tied to a single rca jack, with the emitter going to the op amp or to the radio’s cassette drive input. One of the sets of transistors, the emitter would go to one channel and the other to the other channel.
- Possible op amp to account for any signal loss.
- 4 leds tied to the outputs of the counter for input selection.
- A switch tied to a debouncer (monostable 555 timer) for the clock to toggle input selection.
- The input could be from a set of mono rca jacks or 4 stereo 3.5mm jacks.
- Optional function, have a 5th input for the cassette deck with some extra transistors to power the motor.