Riyad

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fdtd maple

Hi

I am actually trying to write some 3D FDTD codes in matlab concerning the evaluation of the performance of a PIFA antenna. Well I got stuck in writing the codes from scratch. Can you please help me on where I could urgently find these codes on the net?

Re: 3D FDTD codes in matlab

3D FDTD in matlab gonna run forever to get the results. you may need to write in C/Fortran.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you want to find some FDTD codes, you can go to

[1]www.fdtd.org
[2]emlib.jpl.nasa.gov
[3]www.borg.umn.edu/toyfdtd/

Hi,
Matlab though being a powerful tool .yet tis still hard to find numerical method code on it for the present time .
There is a 1-D sample code in the attachment . If it can help ...

Good courage .

i am learning FDTD now,but i find it is difficult to make mesh in a complex enviroment.

A. Taflove's book(2nd edition) includes some wonderful FDTD codes in matlab, you can download it.

Hi,

in my experience if you use MATLAB to write your code it will result slower than a identical code for example in FORTRAN.

Midnite

Hi Riyad
Here are some 2D matlab files.
Hope they can help. You can go to Matlabs
File Exchange website, It has a lot of stuff.
broken link removed
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanx for your help!

My FDTD codes seem to work...
Now I need to obtain the input impedance and the VSWR in order to obtain the bandwidth of my antenna!
I seen that the input impedance may be calculated by fourier transform of the voltage and current. But how can this be done??? At what instant of time should I measure the voltage and current?
Thanking you in advance!

3D FDTD codes in matlab

FDTD_3d for cylindrical coordinate

FDTD_3d for cylindrical coordinate

r u doing project on fdtd ?? i m also doing on t same ..... could u brief it ur project ???

regards

jayv

jayv

Hi,

on openEMS.de you can download a free (GPL) FDTD software for Cartesian and Cylindrical Coordinates. It is wirtten in C++ (for high speed) and has a Matlab-Interface to define and evaluate the structures.
It also has subgrids to increase the timestep for a cylindrical mesh...

Maybe you give it a try.

In case of trouble you may want to use the openEMS-Forum.
The method used by openEMS is EC-FDTD <-- you have to answer this question to register...

regards
Thorsten

hi sir could u suggest me an idea for writing code to simulate the field equations of cts antenna array using fdtd ????

regards

jayv

Attachments

• stubstructure.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 144

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…