Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control or switch AC supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RETGT

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I can switch on off ac supply with relay but now i want to change method like fast switching as led bulb or halogen any thing motor
please tell any method to do this??

power21.gif

Triac Switching is the best method.

Reactions: RETGT

RETGT

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i want to change method like fast switching
If you do a quick search on the internet, you will see that the alternative for fast switching compared to electromechanical devices is the use of silicon switching components. A more efficient way to achieve a more precise pulse control would be by first rectifying the AC voltage, and then controlling via DC by transistors.

RETGT

A more efficient way to achieve a more precise pulse control would be by first rectifying the AC voltage, and then controlling via DC by transistors.

Hello World,
I want output to be AC not DC

- - - Updated - - -

Triac Switching is the best method.

Which triac to use sir?
any part number?

Ok, so your control will need to be synchronized with the phase of the electric mains, namely the zero-cross current. You can search on the Web for the keyword Dimmer. Will find a lot of examples.

RETGT

ok thanks i will try

BTA 10 is 10A rated triac at 600-800VAC max what is your wsitching current required?

BTA 41/600B is 40A @600VAC

RETGT

i want to control transformer 12V 1Amp output.

Square wave just on/off...

Status
Not open for further replies.