Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A problem in ic5141: unable to establish connection with WaveScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

balun

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Due to some problems in ic50, I installed ic5141, but this time I found that it's very very slow to open the "Analog Design Enviroment" in Virtuoso, the CDSLog tell me that
Warning: Cannot convert string "-b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-sans-*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
*Error* Unable to establish connection with WaveScan. Please exit and re-start the workbench.
The ic5141 is opened without "lmgrd ***"(set up the license), is it the cause?

redhat 3 wavescan

What kind of linux system you currently use? I recommend redhat 8 or RHEL 3

ic5141 2005

I also suffered from same problem.
Unfortunately, I experienced same problem in Mandrake, Redhat 7, Redhat 8, and RHEL 3.
However, my suspicion is that the license you have is not supporting wavescan. I guess you are using a license file for IC50.
The wavescan is newly equiped to IC5141, so the license for IC50 does not work for IC5141.
My expectation is you can use IC5141 with the license file for IC50 if you use waveview instead of wavescan. I didn't try but I think it is possible.
Anyway, after trying for several harsh days, I went back to IC5033 with Mandrake.

P.S. If anyone is using IC5033 in redhat 9 or RHEL 3, please let me know how you installed. For me, IC5033 is basically working, but some problem of mouse right clicking in menu windows of spectreRF.

unable to establish connection with isis

I have no problem with IC5033USR3 with RHEL3

wavescan problem

I have solved this problem yet.
I find that in ic5141, the default "wave viewer" is "wavescan", but in the old version,the viewer is "AWD". Maybe due to the license problem, the wavescan can't start, so that we can modify the default wave viewer to "AWD", which can be done by modifing ".cdsenv".
That is, chage the follow string:
asimenv.startup cds_ade_wftool string "wavescan"
Now, my spectre works well.
There are some other applications which use "wavescan",too, if the same problem have occured, find the application in the .cdsenv and change the default to "AWD".
Thank you all for giving me some hints.

ic5141 wavescan problem

\cadence_ic_5.0\tools.lnx86\dfII\samples,make changes in the .cdsenv file in this directory,to make awd the default waveform viewer.

regards
amarnath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back