Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Break circuit into two half circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

anhnha

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could you prove this sentence from a paper in the image below:

"Since the circuit is fully symmetric, it can be broken into two half circuits, like the one shown in Figure 5."

9244564400_1449017216.png

Re: Break circuit into two half circuits

I think it'm simple that Vx=Vx/2-(-Vx/2). after they analyze the circuit in Figure 5.

Reactions: sarge

sarge

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

You can break the Vin signal with 0V on the middle node. Using the KVL, the voltages at the input terminal are +Vin/2 and -Vin/2

Reactions: anhnha

anhnha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi,
How can you know that the potential at the point between two voltage sources is 0V?
BTW, could you talk detail how would you apply KVL here?
I know KVL but I don't know how you use it here.

The circuit is symmetric, so the average voltage between the two circuits will be zero. VL-0=Vx/2 gives VL=Vx/2 and 0-VR=Vx/2 gives VR=-Vx/2.

Well, could you prove how the potential at the point between two voltage sources is 0V?

The middle node becomes a virtual ground (not actual ground) when left and right hand side of a differential circuit are same. Analyze the half circuit, and then multiply by 2 at the end to get the overall response.

Status
Not open for further replies.