Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

32bit MCU learning and studying

Status
Not open for further replies.

zezoelec71

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to study 32bit MCU .how to start ?
I am adviced to study STM32 mcu , so I will do.
but anyone has some lectures , videos , courses ...etc for these MCU
I googled alot and can't find sourses for that
anyone can help ?

Hello!

I use ARM processors, and the first board I bought was a TI board with a stellaris MCU. About 70$.
The advantage is that you don't need an emulator, the emulator is on board, so you just have to
plug the board with a USB cable and you're on!
Probably other makers also have boards with integrated emulator, so you should consider
this issue in your choice.
Otherwise, you have to buy an emulator. It depends whether you do this for fun or for your work.
If it's for work, a junk emulator is extremely cheap (I don't remember, but something around
300 USD). If it's for fun, then 300 $ might be too expensive.

As for your question (online courses), there is usually a large bunch of code delivered with the
boards. I used code from TI which allows to start with minimal effort.

Dora.

thanks for reply
but I need that for STM mcu only , because it is the strongest now.
any courses or lectures ?

Hello!

What do you mean by "the strongest"?

My reply to your question was not specifically a Stellaris reply. I also bought an STM32 board, and there is quite
some code for it. Go to ST Micro home page, and you should find downloadable sources for simple
tasks such as blinking a LED and more complex tasks such as using a color TFT display.

Dora.

I mean that these company is the best company to study it's 32bit mcu
I want better explain and better resources for 32bit stm ? I hope that one of us has what I want .

thanks alot
but I forgot some thing important :
I want Kiel resources too, because I want to use it to program STM32

Status
Not open for further replies.