Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help need for publishing paper in a good journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pusparaga

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir,
I worked in the area of microwave engineering. I got the very good result for both simulated and measured results for my design. I want to publish my paper in the very good journals like, IEEE, SPRINGER, ELSEVIER.

I have the following doubts regarding to publish paper in good journals as said above.

(1) Good journals , initially what they will look such as they will look either novelty or improved results from the previous works or new technique used for implementing design or good mathematics for describing or good reference mentioned in the paper or good communicative English.

(2) If journal rejects the paper, on what basis they reject the paper. If they accept for review , on what basis they will accept paper for review.

(3) Reviewer, on what basis they will give comments. How to satisfy the reviewer comments.

(4) Overall good journal like IEEE, how they will accept and publish the paper and they will reject the paper initially.

(5) Please give me tips for publish paper in IEEE journal.

There is also 'Electrical Design News' (EDN), a trade journal which has been around for decades.

It is geared toward electronics engineers. It features articles about the novel and improved in the electronics field.

Since 2013 it is published online only.

Some items consist of a schematic and a paragraph of text. Other articles are several pages long.

Of course no one can guarantee they will find your treatise to be suitable for their journal. All you can do is submit your material, and see how they answer.

You can visit the website:

www.edn.com

or try sister websites listed at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDN_(magazine)

Dear Sir,
Anybody can you try to answer for the points 1 to 5 in the posting #1.

Dear Sir,
If we once write and upload paper to IEEE journal, those journal people, for accepting the paper, what they will exactly.

I have not submitted material to trade journals, but from what I have picked up...

* They will want to verify that your claims of originality have not already been made by someone else. If someone has prior claim of invention, then your contribution might be an improvement at best.

* They will want submissions to be in a particular format. Find out ahead of time what is their preference. Schematics and illustrations are helpful and welcome (as they are in most presentations).

* They will test your concepts, or, they will consult engineers who can critique your concepts. It is wise to provide references for any unusual statements that are not common knowledge to the readership.

* For financial compensation, they may offer you a standard rate, or they may negotiate an amount.

* By publishing your concepts, you provide readers with your knowledge, making it possible for them to profit. Do you expect an opportunity for yourself to profit as well? Or do you give up that expectation? This is all speculation, of course.

* Have you considered whether you should get your idea patented? Of course that only gives you the right to sue. It does not automatically protect your rights, nor does it guarantee you'll win in court, nor does it guarantee that you'll receive royalties. Getting a patent costs you money. It may cost you thousands of dollars, and there are people who say it may not be worth the expense.

A few of my classmates published some papers in IEEE. Some of the reviewers were teachers from my college itself!
The first and foremost rule was to stick to the standard format prescribed by them. Any deviation from the format gets back the paper to you straight away.
It matters whose name is there along with yours. For example it is more likely that your paper will be published if a co-author is someone who has already published several papers before.
If you are an Indian, it takes only Rs. 5000/- (100$) to get a patent done!

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your elaboration explanation. I have queries on the following

(1) If co-author does not have previous published papers, what we have to do. They simply reject it.

(2) If format is up to the standard, will they accept for review.

(3) How we can feel it, they may accept the paper.

(4) If editor accept the paper for review, reviewer what is there prime importance looking in the paper

(5) I am an Indian author, which section I have to give more attention, while writing paper

(6) When we will get the patent for paper, on what basis paper will get patent. What are legal matters about the patent

Last edited:

Emphasis will be paid on

1. How authentic the work is, should not be copied from other papers. If it is copied, then much improvement have you made upon the existing paper. (A girl published a paper on 'optimization theory'. She didnt invent anything new, but combined the results of two existing technique to form a new 'hybrid' technique, her paper was easily published.

2. If you dont have a co-author with a good reputation in IEEE, it doesnt mean your papers are going to be rejected. All it means is that it may be difficult to gather attention to your work.

3. Your invention should not be "obvious"

4. How much improvement over previous matters. (especially when considering patents)

5. It takes around one year to get the patent completed. But you can fast-forward the process and finish it within a few months by paying extra fees. Unfortunately this fees is large.

If you think your work is up to the mark, just go ahead. Dont think so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back