Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any ideas on rectenna designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearxos

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I am looking for any ideas for my thesis project.
i am interested in doing something around wireless energy harvesting.
Making a rectenna design would be my main approach to this project.
i ll be using Agilent ADS for that.

Does anybody have any experience in rectenna designs or ADS.
i trying to do something innovating in this field but currently i am stuck.

any advice would be apriciated.

Thanks in advance.!

get an idea of what energy sources are available for harvesting. what frequency signals are present in your area at what power levels? this should give an idea of which frequency to make your rectenna. Determine your size limitations, this also sets the lowest frequency you can harvest.

Rectenna aplyed on sunlight harvesting could be an excellent subject, due it is avaliable on worldwide at approximatelly the same bandwidth.

+++

The best designs utilize a matrix of dipoles with diode rectifiers, connected DC outputs in series. Can be printed on a plastic sheet to enclose a wider beam.
The efficiency is generally poor as above 1 GHz the Schottky diodes saturate soon ( at 0 dBm ) and reflect the RF power back. At a higher power level so far no good detector exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.