Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 3 V voltage regulator at 1 A DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark5230

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there something like 7805 (three terminal regulator) to give 3V at 1 A DC, any link to resource will be of help.

Are you looking for exactly 3V or the standard 3.3V ? There are many 3.3V fixed regulators on the market because it's a supply voltage used by lots of ICs.
What overhead voltage do you have available?

Possibly an LM317 with suitable adjustment resistors will do.

Brian.

There's lots of options out there - a good way to browse is via one of the major ("supermarket") component suppliers' websites such as RS, Farnell, Mouser, Digikey etc.

Take for example this parametric search from element14 (formerly Farnell) : **broken link removed**

[To introduce the terminology, an "LDO regulator" means a "low-drop-out regulator", or one that doesn't require much voltage differential between the input and output voltages. The 'traditional' 7805 required ~2.5V, which imposes power dissipation issues at high output currents, and prohibitis operation on low voltage (e.g. 6V battery) supplies.]

Thanks a lot this gives detailed quick search, I found Motorola 3 terminal regulator to suit my need. If it is not readily available, I will resort to LM317 approach as suggested in post #2

Status
Not open for further replies.