Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 to 5V processor pin to drive a 12 V dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng wei

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
could somebody please help figure out what is the specification of the isolator to use ??? (its a systems design project problem and i am running out of time.....)

Added after 41 seconds:

please include the code of the ic to use.....

Added after 5 minutes:

the circuit diagram is as shown below but please just ignore the values

just IGNORE the values and tell me the specification for a 3 to 5V processor pin to drive a 12 V dc motor.............. somebody please help me.....

Added after 1 minutes:

for the darlington transistors it should be TIP102 and TIP107 not ECG 264 and FCG 263.....

Added after 1 minutes:

i am asking these question because of the weaknesses of the circuit maker 2000 software...it has no specification imposed on the circuit.... that's too bad...

Added after 3 minutes:

i surfed the internet for so many types of isolator specification to fit this circuit that is (3 to 5V processor pin to drive a 12 V dc motor using optoisolators and half h bridge) but to no avail.......... somebody ....ANYBODY please HELP ME..........

Added after 2 minutes:

yes, i know that the circuit simulation works but what about the PRACTICAL HANDS ON DESIGN ............. is it IMPLEMENTABLE????

Added after 10 minutes:

the optoisolator used is without base connection............

As optoisolators you can use an available units - with, or without base pin ..
For example: 4N25, 4N36, CNY17, H11A1 and so on ..

I assume that if motor has to be supplied of 12V, V45+12V and V46=0V ..
Next, Q1 as it is drawn in reversed configuration - it is PNP transistor and its emitter should be connected to +12V ..
But, you don't need it at all ..
Just connect one side of the motor to +12V and use only Q2 (NPN) connected between motor and 0V ..
And the last thing, if you use only Q2 as motor driver, you even don't need optocoupler - the base of Q2 can be directly driven from a microcontroller's pin (optional pullup resistor) .. That's it ..
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back