Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3-level NPC with transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

insert_coin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys...

I´m working in a 3-level NPC inverter conected to the grid. Before the grid i know that i have a transformer whit only this specifications.

6MW-8MVA-3.3kv primary side - 30kv secondary. the grid is connected in star conection

I need calculate the impedance the resistance and inductance. I can assume that the inductance is more or less 8-10% of the total impedance, but if i assume that and neglect the resistance the system doesn´t works. If i assume the resistance the other 90 % the system works perfect.

Do you know how to calculate the impedance resistance and inductance of the transformer with this values?

Thank u very much

The series inductance of a transformer depends on the layering of the windings, distance between layers, etc, etc. The parallel inductance depends on the core material, shape, turns, etc. You really can't just assume 90%.

i just calculated this values of the transformer from a datasheet using the rated impedance... but and i obtained for a 8MVA 3.3KV / 30 KV and copper losses equal to 48000W rated impedance 8.35% of Zbase values like Rt=0.0245 ohms and Lt=0.35 mH for the primary side.

I thought that it was the problem of my simulink simulation but not ... I don´t know why my simulation now does´t works... probably i had a mistake in the SPWM or in the parameters of simulink.

Thank u for your answer!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.