Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar powered joule ringer !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfaithnka

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI ALL,

I wonder if its ok to to power a joule ringer from a solar panel.(12v,18 watts.) the solar panel has a efficiency of 83 percent. normal out put is a 15 some thing watts .

pls help.

Joule ringer... First I've heard of it.

Looking at websites... I see it reputedly produces electrical energy from the ringing effect of a toroidal transformer.
A battery is hooked up, then removed. Yet the bulb continues to shine for a long time afterward.

It is paradoxical. More than we can hope for.
Have you succeeded in making a joule ringer that lives up to the claims?

HI ALL,

I wonder if its ok to to power a joule ringer from a solar panel.(12v,18 watts.) the solar panel has a efficiency of 83 percent. normal out put is a 15 some thing watts .

pls help.
Hi myfaithnka
I've first heard of it too ( joule ringer ! ) .
It is paradoxical. More than we can hope for.
I agree with Bradtherad . it is really hard to believe that !
About the solar panel , you can adapt it with your circuit . it is up to the designer .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thanks goldsmith.

The problem i encounter is how it can be designed,i have seen lot of internet threads,have made one myself to power leds.

But i am not sure about how much inductance makes how much power.

Where can i find a proper literature about the design factors in a joule ringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back