Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in proteus simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansman

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i simulate in proteus a digital clock project using 7490 ic , the seconds is ok but the minutes is not sixty seconds exactly it's 75 seconds i think my circuit is ok but is that error in circuit or in proteus
thanks in advance.

How did you deduce that seconds is okay, but minutes is not? What display are you using for showing the time?

For keeping track of time, use the simulation clock/watch/time shown at the bottom of the window to the right of the play/pause buttons. Your simulation may not be running in real-time, so a 60 seconds time simulation may be taking 75 seconds. Can you check the simulation time and tell us the time you get?

i use windows time to conclude that and i use oscilloscope on proteus to see out signals
i run simulation as always , how do i know that simulation run in real time?

Take a look at this image (I circled the time in red):
6249357900_1351973061.png

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Take a look at this image (I circled the time in red):
6249357900_1351973061.png

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

i tried that and i find proteus delayed by appro 15 seconds

i simplify the circuit greatly and use clock generator and set its frequency to 1/60 to generate minute

Attachments

• sample circuit.rar
    6 KB · Views: 111

this is proteus time but when i compare it to computer clock(task bar) there is slight difference in seconds about 10-15 seconds this is my point

You have to match it against Proteus time. You can't match it against computer time. It just won't match. Simulation doesn't occur in real time. Basically, to simulate 60 seconds, Proteus takes between 70-75 seconds.

All but the very simplest circuits will run slower than real time. So, there will always be a difference between Proteus time and computer time. For simulation, you must use Proteus time. Make it on hardware instead of simulation and you'll see that it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back