Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR Embedded Web server ATmega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forunme

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thank you for the link. It has got lot's of details and source code.
Now I am able to connect the server to the laptop ping the server, use website provided by the server and write in the LCD display.

These are the default things so for my project:
1. I want to connect the server to the router which will make me to use server website wirelessly.(IS it possible to broadcast it to internet or it's limited to LAN?2.
2. Is it possible to connect servo into the port and control wirelessly? I have done embedded servo programming using potentiometer but they all were in assembly language. Now the source code of this server is C#. How do I have to start?

Thank you.

Hi

I have the same product from embedded market.

But now what am i doing ?

I have downloaded the code mentioned on embedded market for that product.

And i have tried to burn that code in ATMEGA 16

But unable to see the webpage ????????????

ATMEGA 32 is working fine.

help?????????

If I understand you description correctly, the ATmega32 functions as expected when loaded with the example code, while the ATmega16 does not with the same example code.

Is this correct?

Is the attached code to which you refer?

Have you recompiled the code for the ATmega16 and verified the resulting firmware can by accommodated within the smaller 16KB of the ATmega16?

BigDog

Attachments

• avrnet-v1.0-20070625.zip
    235.1 KB · Views: 118

Hi

You have understood correctly.

ATMEGA 32 which they have provided works fine.

The webpage which describes the product has a link for the source code.

That same code i have compiled in AVR studio and i tried to burn in ATMEGA 16.

through the push button switch on the board i tried to change the IP address of AVR and server also.
i am not able to ping the AVR IP address continuously due to which webpage is not seen

The code for ATmega 32 can work in ATmega 16 ?????????

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the same code i m referring

i m using the same which you have attached .

Also which is available on the website

Attachments

235.1 KB · Views: 93

The precompiled HEX file, avrnet.hex, is 33KB, while there is some overhead due to the file format, it is certainly too large to be accommodated by the ATMega16's much smaller 16KB of flash.

To verify this YOU need to recompile the source code with the ATMega16 select as the target, you will almost certainly get a warning that the resulting HEX file exceeds the targets available flash storage size.

Most likely you will need to select an ATMega which offers a flash storage size of 32KB or even large to develop any useful applications using the required ENC28J60, TCP/IP and HTTP stack library routines.

BigDog

Hi

Whatever you discuss is correct .

BUUUT the hex file is getting stored properly without any errors.

After compiling the code no errors are shown.

The code is getting compiled properly.

Hi,

I am able to ping AVR only once during reset.

I have attached the code which i am refering.

I think i missing a small part i dont know what ????

- - - Updated - - -

I have posted the code

- - - Updated - - -

I have posted the code

Not able to attach the hex file separately.

But the zipped file contains hex file

Attachments

235.1 KB · Views: 80

Provide the ATMega16 circuit diagram with ENC28J60 connection. How is LCD connected?

Edit: Try this hex file. It is compiled for ATMega16 at 16 MHz Clock. Also I need to mention one thing. I had earlier tried the original project with ATMega32 but it never worked for me. I even spoke to the author but I didn't get a solution.

Attachments

• avrnet atmega16 16MHz.rar
    11.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

If you did successfully recompile the project for the ATmega16, you would have received an AVR Memory Usage Report in the Build window stating the number of Program bytes and Percentage of Flash utilized to store the resulting firmware in flash as well as the Data and EEPROM usage.

Cut and paste this report.

Also the zip file you have posted only contains binaries dated from 2007, there are no indications of a successful recompile.

Have you tested the ATmega16 with a simple program to ensure it is functioning as expect?

What type of programmer are you using to program the ATmega16?

BigDog

Provide the ATMega16 circuit diagram with ENC28J60 connection. How is LCD connected?

Edit: Try this hex file. It is compiled for ATMega16 at 16 MHz Clock. Also I need to mention one thing. I had earlier tried the original project with ATMega32 but it never worked for me. I even spoke to the author but I didn't get a solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I think you have not attached the hex file.

For ATMEGA 32 product works properly.

means It is send propelry by the vendor which shows the webpage .

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I have tried the hex file which you have sent
but not able to ping the AVR IP

- - - Updated - - -

I am using the STK(Starter Kit) to program the IC

Attachments

• webserver_user manual.pdf
    547 KB · Views: 256

i think i m totally stuck with ATMEGA 16
because there is no continuous connection established between AVR and server:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back