Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 25lc512 serial/parallel port programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

reik

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all, i have a 25lc512 serial spi eeprom and i wish to program it through my pc. I know there is PonyProg, but firstly i cant find 25lc512 on the list so i am not sure whether it can be supported by it or not, secondly the Si-prog software is not supported for windows VISTA/window 7.

1. is there any other way can program the 25lc512 eeprom from pc?

2. if using the ponyprog serial port, can i straightly use serial to usb converter since there is no serial port for laptop.

if using the ponyprog serial port, can i straightly use serial to usb converter since there is no serial port for laptop. Yes, but you need to make sure that the converter uses ftdi chips. There is a cheaper version that will not work.

---------- Post added at 05:48 ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 ----------

You should be able to program it using pickit 2 or some pickit 2 clone.. :) uses USB.

Reactions: reik

reik

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks! u get me idea about pickit2 clone! the cost is cheap somemore ! There is no different between the clone 1 and the original 1 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.