Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculate frequency NE555 sawtooth generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekk02

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've build this schematic:
saw-tooth-generator-circuit.gif

I have choosed the C and the R empirical. I have now about 5K resistor and a 10nF C. This give me a 10kHz frequency.

On the website where I found the schematic they use the following formula to calculate the frequency:
https://www.circuitstoday.com/saw-tooth-wave-generator-using-ne555
f = (Vcc-2.7)/(R*C*Vpp).

But when I calculate the frequency with this formula I get a whole other result: f = (12-2.7)/(5k*10nf*10) = 18,6 Hz.
Can someone explain this to me? Is there something wrong with the formula? How can I calculate the frequency?

Thanks.
Derek

Dear Derek
Hi
The calculation of R and C is pretty simple . see below , please , the way is the same :
https://www.edaboard.com/blog/1576/
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thank you for your reply. I've tried to calculate it with the calculations from the link, but I cant get the hang of it.
I'm a littble bit confused by the voltage across the zener-diode

adriange

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi again .
Just consider that IE=VZ/R =Ic . i think now with that formula and this consideration you can calculate it .
Good luck
Goldsmith

- - - Updated - - -

BTW : you can calculate the required IE , according to the out put voltage and then you have the value of zener diode , and you can calculate the value of R , simply , or vice versa .

Hi Derekk, I also face the same problem. I have tried to calculate the R and C values to get 60 Hz. But I can't get that.
Have you found the way to calculate the frequency?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back