Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] quick questions about H12E/H12D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkira

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1-is it possible to leave the address bits in both H12E/H12D not connected to ground.
2-can I get connect the Dout to Din directly to test the chips using 4 LEDs.
3-Is there anything else should be considered for the connections.
thanks

resources: **broken link removed**

that was quick mister_rf, thanks :)
regarding the VT pin, what I understood is : it's used just to indicate valid data input by using LED, and i can leave it unconnected, right ?
another point, is it possible to transfer 8 bit data using only one encoder, or should I use the 2 encoders instead ?
thanks again.

The HT12E is capable of encoding only 4 data bits.
A similar 8 bit encoder/decoder circuits:
https://www.northriverrailway.net/PDF/CIP-8.pdf

The VT pin goes high to indicate a valid transmission and can be used as a momentary data output and yes just for the test purposes leave it open.

I got some problem during the testing of the encoder/decoders that I need to solve.
in the encoder part, i give that data pins values from the breadboard as 0v and 5v.
so first of all when I give all 5v(input) in the encoder, all the LEDs worked in the decoder part.
but when I grounded all the input, the output still the same, anyone knows why is this happening?
I have doubts about the input that I gave to the encoder....

For the HT12E encoders, transmission is enabled by applying a low signal to the TE pin. If a transmission enable signal is applied, the HT12E encoder scans and transmits the status of the 8 bits of address(A0 – A7) and 4 bits of data (AD8-AD11) serially in the order A0 to AD11.
See the attached diagram:
70451d1331133564-ht12d_ht12e-v2.png

using the encoder and decoder only worked fine.
but when I was dealing with the ASK modules, I grounded all the addresses and this solved my problem.
However, in theory, grounding all addresses shouldn't matter if they match in both the encoder and decoder.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.