Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pchannel mosfet as switching application:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesavparu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai to everyone,
i have one problem, anybody can solve it.

i am using p channel Mosfet(NX2301p) as controling power.

i am given 4.5 dc volatge to source and i am controlling gate with 3v logic control signal, but at drain continusly 4.5dc passes to drain. it is not controlled. i will not use external transistor to control the gate.

any body can fix this problem.

thanking

p.kesav

That’s a normal situation as long applying Vg =3V and keep the Vs = 4.5V the resulting Vgs=1.5V, so the MOSFET transistor is still on (Vgs>0.7V). The usual way is using an additional transistor, otherwise need to use some resistors in order to lower the Vgs voltage under a safety value, let’s consider this value 0.5V.
Use a 10k gate to source resistor and a 18k series resistor gate to the controlling power signal.

**broken link removed**

PMOSFET test.png

**broken link removed**

View attachment 72448

thank u for valuable information. but i think 4.5vdc biasing voltage go to microcontroller pin. is it any problem. now i am going choose AO3409, which has VGs=2.4v, i think it will solve my problem

---------- Post added at 07:34 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

thank you for valuable information, but i suspect that biasing voltage 4.5dc, can affect 3v microcontroller pin. now i am going to choose AO3409, it has vgs=2.4v, is it solve my problem.
thanking you
kesav

Status
Not open for further replies.