Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning "Embedded systems"????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

saravanancyb009

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir,
I'm very curious to learn "Embedded systems",but i don't know C,C++.How to master "Embedded systems and Programming in C,C++".I'm 17 years old.Please help sir.

Is there any books that will help me to become a past-master in C,C++ programming.If so,kindly help me to do this.

Sorry,do post about basics and programming!:smile:
Thank's in advance!

ugh, what is it about the 8051 and assembly that everyone loves? It is just the worst advice possible.
Just learn C programming (by installing Linux and using gcc, and using a book on
C programming). Then, buy a very cheap ($15 dollar) board that contains a microcontroller and is USB-programmable, and download a free compiler, and
you'll be able to write C code that can be transferred by USB to the microcontroller board, and voila.
Everyone has their favorite microcontrollers, but there are some very low cost boards that don't need any other tools, and the dev environment is free too.
The 'embedded' bit of embedded programming really just means that you can do some real-time stuff and use some integrated features in microcontrollers, like timers and interrupts. You don't need to learn that on day 1. Simple C programming will get you far.
You'll probably need to buy 2 books if you want to learn C. The book you definitely need is "The C Programming Language". The second book can be
a beginners book (although personally I think the first book is sufficient). I'm sure some people can recommend a beginners book on C.

first , you need to start studying intel 8051 (8 bit) micro controller. there is lot of E-book avilable for that. that is the basic and easy studying micro controller

all the best

first , you need to start studying intel 8051 (8 bit) micro controller. there is lot of E-book avilable for that. that is the basic and easy studying micro controller
There are several other µC families for which the same is true... for example PIC, AVR comes to mind. And as long as you stick to microcontrollers rather than desktop CPU's, low-end 32 bit ones like the ubiquitous ARM, or MIPS architecture chips shouldn't be much harder to work with than some 8 bit controllers.

Therefore if you want to get into the wide field of embedded systems, any advice saying you need to start with a specific architecture, is stupid. It would just get your mind 'stuck' onto that specific µC family. :evil:

I'd second previous posters to learn some basic C coding first. Apply that to whatever low-cost & easy to use µC board / development environment you prefer. When you're ready to dig deeper, learn some assembly for that µC family, replace some C code with assembler or do a few small projects entirely in assembler. When ready, move onto another µC family to widen your experience.

Oh and depending on how serious you are about the "embedded" part in learning C (or C++? hmm...), some basic electronics knowledge wouldn't hurt. You can go a long way using only pre-made boards & kits, but nothing beats the ability to modify hardware whenever you feel an itch to do so... ;-)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back