Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to learn c programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am vead i want to learn c programing myself but i don't know how and where to start
can anyone suggest me

There are many books and tutorial on the WWW. Start by Google "c programming tutorial"

C programming have many compiler, maybe different some syntax. What your target on C programming to implement in hardware or not?

Hi,
Try to read this book "c programming by yashwant kanetkar".once u complete reading this book then try to read "C programming by Dennis Ritchie".These two books almost covers all topics.

hi
i am vead i want to learn c programing myself but i don't know how and where to start
can anyone suggest me

Since you posted this in the microcontrollers section, I assume you're referring to using C for microcontrollers. Did you decide which family of microcontrollers you're going to use (PIC, AVR, 8051, etc)? First you need to decide this. Then, you can decide on the compiler. There are books available specific to compilers and you should choose one (or more) depending on which microcontroller family and compiler you're going to use.

I recommend you use the PIC or AVR family of microcontrollers and use the mikroC compiler.
There is a free ebook: https://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view/285/book-pic-microcontrollers-programming-in-c/

Before delving directly into the world of microcontrollers, you may want to do some small projects with C on the PC to get a grip of C so that it doesn't become too big a hindrance later on.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: vead

vead

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.