Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding lec and lvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaya sree

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai everyone,

It would be grateful if anyone clears my two doubts

1) during ecos , assume that i have attached buffers to wrong sinks, ( i.e if A , B are sinks to a cell , but buffer is added to A , C ), then is this LVS failure or LEC failure. Which one will detect this error

2) a) "sometimes LVS can pass , but LEC can fail "
b) " sometimes lec can pass , but LVS can fail"

which one of above is true and why

thank you
jaya sree

LVS would not check if your functionality is correct or not, in your case, wrong buffer connection would cause failure on formal check.

if it's a simple buffer - neither LVS nor LEC failure. More probably, you will get timing violation.

LVS failure - only in case netlist and topology are different (example: you will add buffer in netlist to one net and then manually draw this buffer in topology in another net)

LEC failure - buffer function is just ouput=input, so no difference exist buffer or not.

timing failure - max transition violation (because big capacitance of net and buffer is on another net; or additional delay due to internal buffer delay)

so adding buffer to different sinks than previous sinks will cause LVS failure but lec pass.Did i understood correctly.Please help

lvs compares the netlist against its corresponding layout.
It has nothing to do with lec, I think.
So a and b can both be right.
thanks

so adding buffer to different sinks than previous sinks will cause LVS failure but lec pass.Did i understood correctly.Please help

LVS failure only if you've added buffer to different sinks in netlist and layout (if you are using ECO tool capability, it is almost impossible, cause the tool is checking LVS automatically).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back