Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

240V mains LED light bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
240v mains circuit led light

hello,

i notice that 240V mains LED light bulbs are in enclosures with no ventilation holes.

If i make one, and have the LEDs powered from an isolated, low-voltage (about 10V) output, then am i then allowed to put ventilation holes in that part of the enclosure that contains the low voltage , isolated electronics?

Ventilation hole are just for safety so that in case any little heat is generated, it may dissapate through the vents by the air circulation through it. See wether you get any heat generated in your circuit and decide what to do!!!! Good luck

Reactions: JMCTW

JMCTW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thankyou for this reply...

I am certain that the LED bulb will perform better and last much longer if i can put vents in the enclosure......it's just that i am not sure if it is permitted to do this in a mains LED light bulb.

Do you know if it is permissable or does some safety agency get violated ?

thanks in advance.

Vents are mandatory wherever the safety is concerned. Regarding vents in AC operated devices, those are harmless unless someone puts some conductive materials through the vents (Voltage testing ) Hahahhahah.....
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.