Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a noise generating circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumborambo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I AM IN PROCESS OF DESIGNING A NOISE GENERATOR. However I am not able to find a circuit that is made of discrete components for creating a noise. The noise is to be used in mobile jammer device, a part of my research project. Can any one help me with schematic or some link.

To use as a mobile jammer, you want to create a circuit with a strong signal power and feed input data from long pseudo-random number generator. the random number creates the "noise" and the signal power and frequency the jamming.

Heya dumborambo,

Aye, the scheme described by steadymind works a treat... I built a transmitter that could be used as a jammer based around this concept a handful of years ago. Apologies for the atrocious quality pic, but here's a photo of the prototype and a copy of the relevant page from my notebook:

Unfortunately I can't seem to locate the schematic I would have sketched in more detail... but the manufacturer's application notes associated with each of the devices I've indicated would be all you need to duplicate it, since there was nothing particularly special about the design. This circuit was designed to broadcast > 25 MHz noise centred on 947.5 MHz. A 947.5 MHz oscillator is BPSK phase modulated by a (bandlimited, i.e. filtered) PN sequence generated by a linear feedback shift register (LFSR) sequence generator. I can't recall the exact details of the PN generator, but the following link will provide you with more than enough background: PN (Pseudo Noise) Codes from Spread Spectrum Scene Online

Following modulation, I subjected the tiny mixer output signal (< -10dBm) to a chain of amplifiers, beginning with a minicircuits MAR-3, followed by a power amplifier section hacksawed out of a commercial 900 MHz FM transmitter (LIN900T) consisting of an OM370 CATV distribution amplifier and MRF581 power transistor. In order to achieve a potentially useful power spectral density, I fed the (filtered) output from these drivers into a (heatsinked) Motorola MHW820-3 PA module to yield ~18 Watts of wideband 'noise' (and consume lots of power... ~ 3.5 A at 12V)

Good luck :)

Attachments

• Jammer notes.pdf
    63.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

I AM IN PROCESS OF DESIGNING A NOISE GENERATOR. However I am not able to find a circuit that is made of discrete components for creating a noise. The noise is to be used in mobile jammer device, a part of my research project. Can any one help me with schematic or some link.

You can get special noise diodes which have a well defined noise response, but I assume that's not critical to you. Any high speed diode will generate noise if you supply a sufficiently high voltage to cause avalanche breakdown. A normal zener diode will too, though power devices will be limited in frequency response. Just follow that with an amplifier.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back