Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a battery model of NiMH on HSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allennlowaton

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello EDA fellows...
I would like to ask on how to make a battery model of NiMH using the HSPICE.
I have one model here from a paper and shown below:
**broken link removed**

1_1306978011.jpg

I'm confused on the values of the Rtransients and Ctransients. And when the steady state comes, does it mean those components will have a different values?

Thank you for taking time on this.

**broken link removed**

I'm confused on the values of the Rtransients and Ctransients. And when the steady state comes, does it mean those components will have a different values?

I think these transient parameters depend only on the SOC and -- to some extent -- on (pulse) current*, as shown by the fig. 7 & 10 of the a.m. publication. Seems they can be approximated quite well by their constant + (neg.) exponential modeling, s. equs. (4) to (7). For the steady state, there's no change necessary for these parameters: the (SOC-dependent) sum of the 3 series resistors in the shaded area is equally effective in steady state.

*) this latter and weaker effect is not modeled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back