Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Holux UB-93 GPS module and GPS active internal antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protokov

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone !
I'm a student and I currently working on my project. One part of my project is to build a GPS board based on GPS module. I bought a Holux UB-93 GPS module and a GPS active internal antenna (similar to **broken link removed** ). I started to design my GPS board but now i got stuck. UB-93 specification indicate that UB-93 need an antenna (active or passive) to operate but it didn't mention how to connect an active antenna to UB-93. I read in this specification that pin 18 and 19 are used to interact with active antenna only but i don't know how to use those or their functions ?
This is my first time working with GPS and i really need advices or documents from whoever know about GPS and GPS antenna.
Thanks everybody !

Hi everyone !
I'm a student and I currently working on my project. One part of my project is to build a GPS board based on GPS module. I bought a Holux UB-93 GPS module and a GPS active internal antenna (similar to **broken link removed** ). I started to design my GPS board but now i got stuck. UB-93 specification indicate that UB-93 need an antenna (active or passive) to operate but it didn't mention how to connect an active antenna to UB-93. I read in this specification that pin 18 and 19 are used to interact with active antenna only but i don't know how to use those or their functions ?
This is my first time working with GPS and i really need advices or documents from whoever know about GPS and GPS antenna.
Thanks everybody !
1. Using External or Internal antenna: You can use external or internal antenna for GPS module. I had tested with both antenna and the result is very good.
Internal Anten.jpg
External Anten.jpg

2. Schematic interface between UB-93 GPS module and microcontronller:GPS Circuit.jpg
Note: You can use external or internal antenna with this schamatic.

3. How to extract datas from GPS with microcontroller:
EX data: $GPRMC,220516,A,5133.82,N,00042.24,W,173.8,231.8,1 30694,004.2,W*70
char GPSbuffer[70];
char GPRMC[6]={"$GPRMC"};//Nếu muốn lấy chuỗi data ta GPRMC
char Comma_position[13];
int8 check= 0;
/* Find comma in GPS datas -------------*/
Void FindComma()
{
int8 i, counter= 0;
for(i= 0;i<70; i++)
{
if(GPSbuffer== ',' )
Comma_position[counter++]= i;
}
}
/*Received data from GPS module: ------------*/
#INT_RDA
Void Receive_GPSbuffer()
{
char c;
c= getc();
if(check == 69) return;
GPSbuffer[check++]= getc();
if(check<7)
{
if((GPSbuffer[check-1]) != (GPRMC[check-1]))
check= 0;
}
}
Void TimeGPS()//Vi dụ mang tính minh họa lấy thời gian từ GPS module.
{
char i;
i= Comma_position[0]; //ngay sau vị trí dấu , đầu tiên là thông tin THOI GIAN
printf("TIME(HHMMSS): %c%c:%c%c:%c%c\r\n",GPSbuffer[i+1],GPSbuffer[i+2],
GPSbuffer[i+3],GPSbuffer[i+4],
GPSbuffer[i+5],GPSbuffer[i+6]);

delay_ms(10);
}
Void LatitudeGPS()
{
char i;
i= Comma_position[2];