Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT commands to AUBTM 20 ...making a call is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackl1990

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am having trouble with AT commands to communicate to a Nokia cell phone via AUBTM 20 bluetooth modules.
The module is entering command mode and accepting some of the AT commands but is not accepting the command to check the profile it is in.

Also I know it has to be in Dial up network profile but how do i set the module to this mode.

Thanx in advance for your help.

hi jack,

this is vivek from mumbai.
I am using aubtm-20 for my Final year Graduate degree in Electronics Engg.
Jack, i am just not able to communicate(send AT commands) to aubtm from PC(hyperterminal winXP).
hyperterminal settings: baud rate : 9600 bps, data bits :8, stop bits: 1, parity: none, flow control: none
to enter command mode, i send LLL from hyperterminal within 60sec of powering ON aubtm-20.
BUT i get no response at all.

JACK, I beg of you to please describe in detail the method i should use to send AT commands to aubtm-20 and receive responses.
I would be grateful for your kind assistance. You cant imagine the trouble I am in. I have to complete my project in just a weeks time.
Please Help. Awaiting your response.

thank you,
Vivek M

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

79_1299341594.jpg

circuit connections

+++ is for bluesmirf bluetooth module, i guess.
also +++ is nowhere to be found in the aubtm's datasheet and At commands set.

Though I'll still try this out. thanks for your reply.

HI,
I tried +++, but this doesnt work too. No reponse.
If only JACK could reply, as he was successfully able to send AT commands.

Hey make sure that the settings in the hyper terminal are proper. Also the AUBTM 20 command document lists that we need to send <cr><lf> before and after the command. Make sure that you are sending this before and after every command.
For LLL command do not send <cr><lf> character, the settings in the hyperterminal probably need to be changed
do the following:
go to File -> properties -> click on settings tab-> choose windows keys
then click on the ASCII setup button, check the send line ends with line feeds box as well as echo typed characters locally(this allows us to view the commands we are typing)

After the above settings send the LLL command the Module should respond with OK.
All the Best.

one more question

does giving 3.3v to aubtm-20

and 5v supply to max232 ic makes any compatiblity issue?

can i give 5v supply to aubtm-20? though 3.7v is highest rated voltage given in the document.

Hi Jack,

did it work for you? We are also facing the same problem. We are able to execute the AT commands mentioned in that command set. But "AT+BPROFILE=?" is showing the ERROR. And also it's not allowing to set the profile as well. Can you please help.

Also for interacting with the mobile phone, which profile we need to select ? SPP ??

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Karjol

Yes it did work, I used the SPP profile.
I was able to switch to the SPP using the AT+BPROFILE command itself. Change the settings of the hyperterminal as I have mentioned in the thread.
If you are planning to send commands to the mobile phone to access its GSM SM card then you will have to switch to SPP profile.
After switching the profile, go to the command mode for remote access and send the commands of your choice to the GSM SIM.
All the best.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the info. AT commands work for me. I am able to get AT+NAME, change the modes etc. But I am not able to see which profile set and also I am not able to set the profile. When I execute "AT+BPROFILE=?", before entering the line feed, I get the response as "ERROR" ..DId you face such issue, please let me know if you found any solution for this.

FYI: I am trying to connect it to Motorola MB200 android mobile phone. I want to send some data from aubtm-20 to mb200.

Thanks,
Karjol

Last edited:

Jack and All

I am not able to see which profile set and also I am not able to set the profile. When I execute "AT+BPROFILE=?", before entering the line feed, I get the response as "ERROR" ..DId you face such issue, please let me know if you found any solution for this.

FYI: I am trying to connect it to Motorola MB200 android mobile phone. I want to send some data from aubtm-20 to mb200.

PLease Help

Can anybody Please help. we are stuck because of this.

hii jack, karjol and all,
i am also working on AUBTM 20 to send data through bluetooth from module to mobile. When i enter command 'LLL', it displayes 'OK'; but after that it gives error message for every command. also while leaving command mode i.e. '===' it gives 'OK'. Plz help me how to send commands to AUBTM 20 module???

Hi Sourabh,

Yeah, earlier I too faced this problem. You need to enter the command in the below format: <CR><Ctrl+j>Commad<CR><Ctrl+J>. This works. But I found that some of the commands mentioned in the document does not work at all. I am also facing lot of problems with this. But basic commands works for me.

Thanks Karjol,

its working now.... but in my project, i have to send serial data from controller to mobile via this module. i m not getting any command for serial transmission. the module now gets connected with the mobile by pass-key (using AT+CON command), but the commands given in documents for SPP as well as OPP transmission are not working. the module gets hanged. it is required power on off the device.
Please help me if you have any solution for serial transmission of data. also plz let me know if you have tried this with any other module. i have used AVR in my project.

but in my project, i have to send serial data from controller to mobile via this module. i m not getting any command for serial transmission.
--Same for me as well. For me,even AT+CON, does not work. It returns con0. I am sing a android mobile. I am also stuck. And I wrote to the product company as well.No reply from them. And also not much information on the internet. I am helpless now..:(

Hey even i have been stucked due to this BPROFILE command!! And we are trying to send file via this module!! Can we do that? can anyone show some way of sending file using this module?

Is it working now?. I am facing same issue. i got LLL ->Ok, === -> OK but AT command giving ERROR. Tried <CR><Ctrl+j>AT?<CR><Ctrl+J> and <CR><lf>AT?<CR><lf>, still getting ERROR. Please Help me

Hello everyone,

I purchased new Bluetooth module from the local vendor. He was not provided any information regrading the module. For this module one end USB is there and another end RS-232 is connected.
When we connect USB cable one LED is glowing and another is blinking. After connecting USB by searching in mobile we are getting information of bluetooth device as AUBTM-20 and some address.
When i connect rs-232 at 9600 baudrate and default settings am getting some symbols like > and <.
When i try for giving the commands like LLL and AT , it is not responding.
So please provide some information regarding its default baud rate,its response when we connect to the power supply and its set of commands.

Please some one help me to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone,

I purchased new Bluetooth module from the local vendor. He was not provided any information regrading the module. For this module one end USB is there and another end RS-232 is connected.
When we connect USB cable one LED is glowing and another is blinking. After connecting USB by searching in mobile we are getting information of bluetooth device as AUBTM-20 and some address.
When i connect rs-232 at 9600 baudrate and default settings am getting some symbols like > and <.
When i try for giving the commands like LLL and AT , it is not responding.
So please provide some information regarding its default baud rate,its response when we connect to the power supply and its set of commands.

Please some one help me to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

open hyperterminal and select default setting for com port 1
first u need to connect the device to usb and com port1 of pc
then u need to type "LLL" within 60 seconds
the type "ctrl m ctrl j "
u will be on next line
nw u need to type the necessary commaand ex.AT?
then again press "ctrl m ctrl j "
u will receive a list of commands supported by ur bluetooth module
for commands pls download the following document
**broken link removed**

to return bck from command mode type "==="
ull receive ok
the device is out of command mode
at any point u receive an error then u have miss typed the coomand

Status
Not open for further replies.