eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
200w smps

Hello,

We need to design a SMPS for an underground application. To do with mine-shafts.

The spec of the power supply is as follows:-

Vin = 85-265VAC
Vout = 50V DC
I(out) = 0 to 4 A
P(out) = 200W
Needs Power Factor Correction.
No isolation requirement

Must have inrush limitation (-if we use a boost PFC stage then we must add something so that we do not fall victim to the inrush currents associated with boost PFC's when they start-up or recover from brown-outs)

For reliability's sake, we must have two similar 200W power supplies working together to share the load current. -if one of the supplies fails, the other one must be able to supply all the load current itself.

--------------------------------------------------

It is my belief that our requirements are common and that an IC manufacturer will have standard solutions comprising dedicated integrated circuits for this exact purpose.

I would be most grateful if readers know of suitable IC's, whilst i am seeking unsucessfully through the various catalogs.
Any IC suggestions greatly appreciated.

mc33368 application

tell us somethin about target efficiency and maximum size/volume. if they are not so important, this can be a good trade-off for reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…