Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

200 watts Amplifier help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny152

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
kd708

Hello,
I have downloaded 200 watts power amplifier circuitfrom

**broken link removed**

found in www.discovercircuits.com website and the amplifier design is very simple amplifier but the details of that circuit,author not included and few days back i assembled the circuit but some components are getting burnt out and it's not working and i wan't to know whether this amplifier is successful or not?and whether any modifications needed for this amplifier to get 200 watts power without any over heating of the components?
I shall be very grateful if any one please give the construction details and help me to assemble this 200 watts amplifier perfectly.
Waiting for your replies.

Thanks in advance,
sunny.

tip35c amplifier

1 what kind of output transistors you used instead original russian ones?
2 what kind of heatsink you used for output transistors and chips?
3 which elements has bourned up?

kd707

Hello,
Everything as per the circuit diagram i assembled using original components and the resistors mainly 2R2 getting over heated and first of all i wan't to know whether any mistakes in the circuit diagram? and what is the requirement of two 2K2 resistors?

Thanks,
sunny

mjl4302 datasheet

In the case you connected output transistors correct (collectors conn. together and emiters to supply rails) and got 2R2 resistors bourned the amplifier might oscillate. To avoid oscillations there is added 1ohm resistor and two 220n capacitors. Try to add the same circuit to the second TDA amplifier. Connect 1u foil capacitor and 100n capacitor in parallel to 10mF electrolytic capacitor.
2K2 resistors, where connected together creates virtual ground for amplifier. This point is at half voltage of power supply and should be grounded. No other pole of power supply should be grounded.

tda2030 200w

Have you check the datasheet of this ic
e.g. http://www.esarem.com/datasheet/TDA2030.php

1). I don't think it can goes to 200W possibly only 20W in bridge mode (mistyped additional 0)
2). PS maximum only +/- 18V
3). The PS circuit did'nt show the ground CT (do you take care of this), otherwise you will really burnt the 2k2

200w tda2030

Additional info:

Pls cross check the above circuit with this detail datasheet:

**broken link removed**

Probably will get the answer. Good luck

kd708 transistor

TDA2030 itself can not give 200W, but it serves here as driver for output transistors KD707 and KD708. Chip delivers only .2W to output untill output transistors starts to conduct. Further on allmost all output current is delivered by output transistors.

help with amplifier watt

From what you said it seems your amplifier oscilates and produces ultrasounds that you cannot hear. This is what Borber had stated before.
Hai_men, the IC cannot deliver this power alone but with the aid of the external transistor it can.
Try with an osciloscope if you have available to check if there are any oscillations when you don't apply any input signal. Normally the 1R resistor should get too hot. This is the one which is in series with the 220n capacitor and both are connected across the speaker. If so then put 2 capacitors of few picofarads in parallel to the 100K resistors that take place in the negative feedback loop. This will reduce the gain at high frequencies (introduction of too much neg. feedback for the high frequencies) and hence stop oscillations (actually increases stability).
The capacitors' values can be found experimentall (unless you want to use some formulae). Start with 47pf and increase to 100, 180 ... untill oscillations stop. A large value will reduce the frequency response at high frequencies. Use something between 47-330pf.

The 2 resistors of 2K2 create a virtual ground as Borber had said. It would also be a good idea if you connect in parallel to each one an electrolytic capacitor of 10 to 47 uf (total 2 capacitors, observe the pollarity here). Do this before you make any other modifications, it might help with circuit stability.

The 2R2 resistors must by of relatively high power handling capabilities (5W at least).

Regards
P.

mjl4302

I express my sincere thanks for your reply regarding 200 watts amplifier and i have some queries regarding this 200 watts amplifier
**broken link removed**
so kindly answer my queries.

1.what should be the wattage of resistors 2R2, 1R, 100K, 3K3, 2K2 ? are these are 1/4 watt?

2. can i use 12-0-12 volts tranformer? and is 16 volts DC sufficient for this amplifier?

3.can i use TIP 35C transistor in place of KD 708 and TIP 36C in place of KD 707 ?

5.From where i can get more information about this amplifier?

kindly clarify my queries.

Thanks,
sunny

tip35c amp

1. power ratings for resistors: 2R2, 2K2, 1R should be 0.5W others can be 1/4W
2. with different supply voltage you will get different maximal power from amplifier on 4ohm load. Transformer 12-0-12V with propper power rating will give you with this amplifier about 50W undistorted power on 4ohm load. Supply voltage 16V will give you about 18W.
3. I think you can use TIP35C and TIP36C transistors
4. I do not know. May be try to look at OP Amp output buffer topologies.

tda amplifier circuits

This is not related to the particular amp in discussion. But you can try this simple variation to get abundance of wattage from tried and tested modules.
TDA7249 gives 80W in to 4/8 ohms. In bridge mode it gives 160Wrms with no hassels. You may want to include your own relay based 'slow turn on and fast off' ckt to avoid pops.

By inserting resistors in supply rails of the IC's and driving external power darlingtons, and with an o/p impedance matching transformer (without it you can still get around 320Wrms) you can get power levels upto 600Wrms!

bimbla.

kd708 datasheet

Hello

You better use transistors in the datasheet of TDA2030, anyway, a much easier circuit is done using µPC1225H, this IC's circuit is extremely simple, only some passive components and a pair of power output transistors.

Another one is µPC1298H, this one gives more output power.

MJL4302 PNP, and MJL4281 NPN power transistors are great pairs here.

You can download the datasheets from ON semiconductors.

Regards

transistor kd707

Borber said:
1. power ratings for resistors: 2R2, 2K2, 1R should be 0.5W others can be 1/4W
2. with different supply voltage you will get different maximal power from amplifier on 4ohm load. Transformer 12-0-12V with propper power rating will give you with this amplifier about 50W undistorted power on 4ohm load. Supply voltage 16V will give you about 18W.
3. I think you can use TIP35C and TIP36C transistors
4. I do not know. May be try to look at OP Amp output buffer topologies.

Then what is the simplest way to increase the 12v Battery power supply to the required supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back