Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

20 points for suggesting a good em book

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmakerbull

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electromagnetic theory k d prasad

I had Kurose and Ross (Electromagnetic waves and fields) as a part of my coursework. But the bokok was very complicated and difficult to understand. Now I am doing an Internship in a GPS chip manufacturing company. I feel that I must understand the basics of electromagnetics waves and fields from an engineering point of view like how to build antennas transmitters and other stuff. Pls suggest a good book or tutorial on this

Thanks in advance

I think many books can meet your request. There are too many to enumerate them.

Also this depends on what's your current level and aim.

For the most basic things you can check

Microwave Engineering by David m. Pozar
published by John Wiley & Sons Inc.

Engineering Electromagnetics by William H Hayt,Jr. and John A. Buck
published by TaTa McGraw Hill

Hi
The book 'Wentworth: Fundamentals of Electromagnetics with Engineering Applications' by Wentworth is very good for understanding the basics. It has Matlab programs for explaining each concept.

Best Regards
Jithesh

Me favorites are the following

1. High frequency & Microwave Engineering - E da Silva (Butterworth-Heinmann Publishing)
2. Engineering Electromagnetics - N.Ida (Sptinger Verlag)
3. Fields & Waves for Communication Electronics - Ramo, Whinnery & Van Duzer (John Wiley & Sons)

Best of Luck

if you just want to learn EM
D Cheng book: filed and wave electromagnetics.
The text is quite basic and mathematically insightful.
For a more physics based learning (by this I mean every concept is explained) then you should use the Ulaby Book (Fundamentals of Applied Electromagnetics).

If you want to build an Antenna transmitter, then these books will not help. You need something on Microwave electronics. The Pozar book (microwave engineering) is basic and quite insightful. I believe you will learn how to build the different components, but it does not really talk about how to combine them to make a transmitter. What I mean is that you will learn about filters, amplifiers, oscillators etc. It does not tell you which order to combine them though.

To learn how you would combine them - now you are looking at the systems side of electrical engineering. And now I am stuck ...

1.High frequency & Microwave Engineering - E da Silva (Butterworth-Heinmann Publishing)
2. Engineering Electromagnetics - N.Ida (Sptinger Verlag)
3. Fields & Waves for Communication Electronics - Ramo, Whinnery & Van Duzer (John Wiley & Sons)

a very good book is
Foundations for Microwave Engineering ,R.E.Collin,Wiley-IEEE Press

the book time harmonic in electromagnetic by harrington is very good about electromagnetic and wave

These books u can see for ur antenna designing:
1. Antenna Theory by C.A.Balanis,John Wiley and Sons,Inc.
2. Antenna designing by J.D.Kraus
3.Microstrip antenna by james and Hall
4. Microstrip antenna design handbook by Inder and Bahl.

Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, C.Balanis

I used Pozar: Microwave Engineering, as for more of RF application. Balannis are good book for Antenna theory, also Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics
by Constantine A. Balanis is very good for advance level EM, and Inan's Engineering Electromagnetics
by Umran S. Inan, Aziz S. Inan
Hardcover, 800 Pages, Published 1998, US Ed Edition
good for entry level.

here we go:
1.read from electromagnetic engg from hayt and
elctromagnetic from sadikku
2.wentworth's book on electromagnetics
3.Go to massachussets univ website and go through the videos that show exptl demos of several concepts
Feel free to ask me any technical queries

RF Circuit Design - Theory and Applications by R.Ludwig & P.Bretchko

**broken link removed**

Engineering Electromagnetics by William H Hayt is the best one. we have referred for the subject.

EM Modeling of Antennas and RF Components for Wireless Communication Systems

download: **broken link removed**

By Frank Gustrau, Dirk Manteuffel,
Publisher: Springer
Number Of Pages: 276
Publication Date: 2006-06-02
Sales Rank: 676093
ISBN / ASIN: 3540286144
EAN: 9783540286141
Binding: Hardcover
Manufacturer: Springer
Studio: Springer

Book Description:

The book focuses on the practical aspects of computational electrodynamics. A short review of electromagnetic field theory and an illustrative introduction to basic concepts of numerical methods provide the mathematical and physical background. The main part the book guides the reader step-by-step through the modelling process: from the initial "what question shall the model answer?", through the setting up of a computer model by creating geometry, boundary conditions, sources, …, to post processing, validation, and optimization. A number of freeduan.com antenna and filter examples demonstrate the advantages and disadvantages of different numerical methods. So the book provides a realistic view on the capabilities and limits of state-of-the-art 3D-field simulators and on how to apply this knowledge efficiently to EM analysis and designing of RF applications in modern communication systems.

I think the following book is the most easy book for electromagnetic course:

Electromagnetic and wave theory bu david k. cheng, 3rd edition

kingmakerbull said:
I had Kurose and Ross (Electromagnetic waves and fields) as a part of my coursework. But the bokok was very complicated and difficult to understand. Now I am doing an Internship in a GPS chip manufacturing company. I feel that I must understand the basics of electromagnetics waves and fields from an engineering point of view like how to build antennas transmitters and other stuff. Pls suggest a good book or tutorial on this

Thanks in advance

try these buks they may clear most of ur basics
em waves and GPS applications

Also CHENG,s book on Electromagnetic fields and theory will give basic and advanced concepts.
Also Schaum Series,book on EMT will give some satisfaction.

You can also c the book "Electromagnetic fields and waves" by edward C.jordan.,it also covers some topics in antennas. Hope it will be useful for u to know about basic EM fields and waves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back