Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 port network query

Status
Not open for further replies.

boots_n_braces

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys and girls,
Ive got the following homework question ( i dont want answers just some help)

The drawing is attached but in case it doesn't work its a 2 port network with a 5 ohm resistor connected to each input and ground (in star fashion).

The question is, for the given z parameters for the 2 port network and with each resistor being 5 ohms show the whole circuit as a z parameter matrix.

My ideas on how to go about this

As a t network can be mapped as a 2 port network possibly its a configuration of 2 2port networks eg parallel parallel but im not sure how that would work as one network is literally inside the other.

Or do i just take the z parameter matrix and multiply by needed co efficients to take into account the series resistances for instance the input resistance would be as it is now + 5 ohm and v1 and v2 would be as they are now plus a voltage gained by inserting a 5 ohm resistor between the network and ground??

Please help im totally lost on this one!

Attachments

• 2port.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 42

Transforming the two-port S parameters to Z, adding the resistors and back to S is straightforward in principle. I don't expect a simple result for the general case, but I may be wrong.

Just in case you don't have the transformation formulas at hand: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impedance_parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.