Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 2 High Voltage Power Supplies (1.25KVdc) to connectin in series

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHeTTRoNiCS

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2 High Voltage Power Supplies (1.25KVdc) to connect in series

Hello guys...any idea if it should be fine if i connect 2 different high voltage power supplies in series? Each power supply output is 1.25KVdc. The power supply model is AHV SF-12. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for sharing ideas...yes done contacting ahv and they response that it should be fine....following they i'd configured and it works...
now i got 2.5KV...this forum is great...all people responding friendly...unlike this ---> www.electronicspoint.com (feeling like pro)...they tends to reply you like you know nothing at all...saying like "are you suicidal"....more power to edaboard!!!

Hey Tronics, what AHV told u...how to configure them...is it possible....what additional circuitary is needed...plz reply...

Generally all HV power supplies have an insulation breakdown rating in the several to >5kV rating. and may have OCP protection. Adding HV in series only reduces the margin between external BEMF transients and applied voltage before breakdown rating on components and insulation to ground.

1kv/mm typical for air and >5kV/mm for plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back