Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.5v LVDS with 3.3v Reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmawatson

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I just wanted to check if there are likely to be any problems interfacing the following clock fanout ( https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn65lvds104.pdf ) which is 3.3v with 2.5v driver from my FPGA.

The differential specifications seem fine for both reciever and trasmitter

My concern is with the "Fail Safe" 300k pull-ups on the Receiver that will pull the lines high when not driven. Is this going to cause any issues to the driver. the 3.3 v is well within the absolute maximum (3.6) of the drivers device pins, but I don't know if there is any problem at all with the differential driver of the FPGA seeing 3.3v on the pin when it is switched on.

Thanks for any assistance.

There's only one LVDS I/O standard, no thing like 2.5V /3.3 V etc. LVDS. In so far each LVDS driver should be interoperable with any LVDS receiver. Specifically, I don't see a problem caused by the pull-up resistors.

Hi,

i don´t expect any problems.

You don´t say what FPGA.
When i remember right then with a Spartan6 the signals for LVDS2.5 and LVDS3.3 are absolutely the same.
The only thing that changes is the VCC voltage of the relating FPGA bank.

I think this is how it should be: The LVDS signals (levels) should not change with the VCC voltage of the devices.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back