Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.4GHz video transmitter antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

aot

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a small, cheap (bought from ebay) 2.4GHz video transmitter which I am using with a small CCTV camera to transmit back footage from a quadrocopter. The reception isn't fantastic, it only cost about £5 so it's not a huge issue, but before I buy something else I may as well see what can be done.

The antenna is uses is a short monopole piece of wire sticking up from the circuit board. Can this be replaced, for example connect some coax to it and have a sma connector on the end for connecting to standard 2.4GHz antenna's, or is it likely to have some matching network/other things to tune/electrically lengthen the antenna so the output isn't 50ohms? All the components are so tiny, it's difficult to tell!

I was thinking that it's probably not going to be possible, but I came across this: **broken link removed**

Yes it's at a lower frequency (868MHz), but surely the principle is the same? You will notice in the picture that either a small wire antenna is attached, or a SMA socket, and presumably it's easily interchangeable.

Thanks,

Aaron

When I think about it wifi antenna's seem to all use

great, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back