Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2/3 rate Punctured Veterbi Decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mann4uonlyed

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have used xilinx blockset in simulink to make 1/2 rate convolutional Encoder and also merged it with Viterbi Decoder.

Now I need to make 2/3 rate convolutional coder and Viterbi decoder using xilinx blockset with puncturing method.

As i am doing puncturing in convolutional encoder the output is verified. I am using punctured matrix [10]
[11]
And I have compared the result of punctured convolutional encoder with standard convolutional encoder. Result is correct. It is deleting each first bit of odd encoded symbol.

Now for decoding purpose i am depuncturing the encoded data by inserting o bit at the deleted positions.
this is also checked and result is fine.

Now this data i am giving to Viterbi decoder with erased bit high at the dummy bit.

But decoded data is not correct.

Please help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.