Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18f4620 or atmel AT89C51XX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sraiderk

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yes, I know. It was discussed many times in form. But It is still not clear in my mind. I have been using all series of Microchip espacially 18f4620. Now, I must decide my application to using 18f4620 or atmel AT89C51XX? What is suggestion to use microchip ot Atmel C51 core?

My aplication need external interrupt and speed is important. in the form some bady said that Atmel c51 is faster that avr 25 times. Avr is faster than Pic 4 times . Is it true? I don't have a experiment AT89C51XX.

If you are guessing speed with XTAL attached then that is wrong. the speed is MIPS
you have to check the instruction clock speed then you will be able to differentiate b/w speeds

As well as i know AT89C51 can use maximum of 33MHz and using divide by 12 Counter so its speed is merely 3 MIPS
as PIC18F4620 uses 40MHz crystal and using divide by 4 counter it is having 10 MIPS
i donot know whether in this specific PIC you can or not adjust the divide by counter

you have to check for AVR too

I use PIC18F4620 at 10MIPS. I have a 10MHz quartz and I activate 4x PLL multiplier. I even tested with an oscilloscope to be sure that is 10MIPS.

I don't know nothimg about Atmel, I just intend to begin with Atmel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back