Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to dwnld a vhdl code on xilinx sprtn3e Kit using fpgaAdv

Status
Not open for further replies.

enga3b2

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All

Kindly I wanna Know how to download a vhdl code on xilinx spartan 3e Kit using fpga advantage
I currently use FpgaAdv7.2 and I have to copy the vhdl code again and paste it in anew project in ISE to download it on the kit. I'm new to this category and need to know a way to download my code directly on the kit using FpgaAdv tool.

Thanks

Re: how to dwnld a vhdl code on xilinx sprtn3e Kit using fpg

Even with FPGAadvantage you need xilinx ISE. to create and download bit file.

refer to manual of your kit about how to program it, or specify which kit you are using, so this forum can help you.
along with your vhdl/verilog code you also need to have a UCF file In which one has to specify various pin constraints which agian depends on which board you are using.
there are various ways/modes to program the kit.You need to set some jumpers and connect download cable(hope you have one) to the kit.
you can use the Impact utility available with xillinx program.

so, the only way to download a code is by using ISE.
i use spartan3e. i had already downloaded a test code of xor operation before but i have another problem
the kit has only 4 switches, and i don't know a way of how can i test a code with 10 input bits for example, kindly help.

Re: how to dwnld a vhdl code on xilinx sprtn3e Kit using fpg

for testing your code...

1. use your code as a component in a top module.
2. In the top module on press each of one of the switch apply one vector to your Design under test and on getting the expected output switch on some led available on your design...

This is not a good way to verify a code... as you are adding extra logic with your dut, but it will help a beginner to get start with and get a feel of how things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back