Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16-QAM Turbo Coded OFDM simulation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashhur

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ofdm simulation

Could somebody help me please to simulate 16-QAM Turbo Coded OFDM?

thanks in advance!

qam ofdm

Hello Mr. Aya2002!
how are you doing?

You know I am not familiar at Matlab simlations and mathematic distribution functions, so, it is really hard to simulate such a system for me.

please help how to I simulate 16-QAM Turbo coded OFDM system.
It is ready that 16-QAM digital modulation examples and turbo codes shown in Matlab tutorial, hovewer, I don't know after modulate the signals how to add them and then to count its PAPR point. and please write shortly step by step process if it is possible!

So, please help it is not difficult for you! :)
Thank you in advance!
I appreciate you!

code for qam ofdm

send me any thing you have

ofdm matlab simulation isi

send me the theory not the program

matlab code for turbo coded ofdm

mashhur said:
Good day!

I want to add there Turbo code and compare the PAPR values.

Thank you!

why do you want to do that?
iirc turbo code has nothing to do with PAPR, the two are from different domain.
Google for SC-FDMA and see how PAPR are reduced there.

quadrature amplitude modulation simulation

kel... I agree that SC-FDMA solves the PAPR problem but introduces the ISI problem and requires extensive equalization. Now as we move towards higher data rates 1 Gbps as expected for 4G (given by ITU-R, thanks to the guy who uploaded this info at the group) the equalization problem will just keep getting worse. So I think people will be using OFDM, maybe with some modifications to reduce PAPR.

By the way, I read in the book by David Tse on Wireless Communications that the reason why OFDM is so much better under multipath conditions is that the eigen functions are sinusoids and therefore there is no inherent ISI. And to deal with the ISI we always have the Cyclic Prefix which makes the equalization simple

Also, do you have information about Interleaved FDMA, I saw a magazine paper where they said that it combines the advantages of CDMA and OFDMA. By the way, are SC-FDMA and DFT-spread OFDMA same?

iirc turbo

Communications_Engineer said:
kel... I agree that SC-FDMA solves the PAPR problem but introduces the ISI problem and requires extensive equalization. Now as we move towards higher data rates 1 Gbps as expected for 4G (given by ITU-R, thanks to the guy who uploaded this info at the group) the equalization problem will just keep getting worse. So I think people will be using OFDM, maybe with some modifications to reduce PAPR.

By the way, I read in the book by David Tse on Wireless Communications that the reason why OFDM is so much better under multipath conditions is that the eigen functions are sinusoids and therefore there is no inherent ISI. And to deal with the ISI we always have the Cyclic Prefix which makes the equalization simple

Also, do you have information about Interleaved FDMA, I saw a magazine paper where they said that it combines the advantages of CDMA and OFDMA. By the way, are SC-FDMA and DFT-spread OFDMA same?

SC-FDMA uses a smaller DFT ahead of a big DFT, so in this sense the two are similar?

and yes, most OFDM systems use cyclic prefix, some uses zero padding like UWB.

how do they modify OFDM to reduce PAPR while keeping turbo codes in the picture? Glad to know.

ofdm matlab simulation isi

Hi...i'm studying the turbo coding ...if possible can u send the scfdma/ofdma turbo equalizer codings...it will be helpful in understanding the LTE equalizers...

send coding to tomalter23@gmail.com

regards,
Tomalter.

Hi kel8157 and aya2002

I want to plot ber of turbo coded ofdm system.

For this purpose i am trying to implement the code for the same but i dont know much about matlab simulation. please help me to complete the simulation.

I got the matlab code for turbo code as well as ofdm but not able to simulate the turbo coded ofdm.

if you can help me please do it

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.